Firefighters put out insulation fire

December 17, 2013

Durant firefighters were dispatched at 11:35 a.m. Sunday to a home at 812 E. Main St. after smoke was observed in the house.

When firefighters arrived, they saw smoke coming from the eve of the house. Upon entering the home, they found that a breaker had tripped and there was smoke in the dining room, according to a fire department report.

They used a thermogenic camera to determine the origin of the smoke. Firefighters then removed some of the ceiling and found insulation that was burning and a broken electrical wire.

They removed the insulation from the house and hosed it down in the front yard. They then removed a larger part of the ceiling due to finding more burning insulation. Damage was estimated at $2,000.

Firefighters left the scene at 12:26 p.m.