Durant City Council meets at 4 p.m. Tuesday at city hall for its regular monthly meeting.
Council members will discuss the following agenda items:
– Approval of grant for Durant/Bryan County Emergency Management from Oklahoma Office of Homeland Security to purchase equipment for the communications trailer
– Award a bid for construction of a new Emergency Operations Center and leasing land from the Durant Airport Authority at Eaker Field
– Agreement between city and county on housing of municipal prisoners
– Agreement between city and state for disposal of surplus property
– Cooperative interlocal agreement between city and Oklahoma Department of Capital Asset Management
– Lease agreement with Rhino Communications for antenna equipment on city water towers
– Resolution on creating a policy for city accounts receivable, including debt collection
– Amending employee retirement system to comply with IRS codes
– Amending city ordinance on animals
– Ordinance amending court costs and fees
– Application to the National Park Service for development of a plan for a trail system throughout the city
– Presentation employee service awards
– Approval of preliminary plat for property at 2901 W. Arkansas St.
– Approval of final plat for Chambrooke Homes of Durant
– Regulation of itinerant merchants, specifically food trucks
– Additional street lighting at Remington Hills
– Appointment of committee to propose policy on recreational activity at the Durant Multi-Sports Complex
– Entering into executive session to discuss Parks vs. City of Durant lawsuit
Contact Matt Swearengin at 634-2160 or DDDEditor@Twitter.com.