Quantcast


Last updated: December 17. 2013 10:35AM - 289 Views

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

Durant firefighters were dispatched at 11:35 a.m. Sunday to a home at 812 E. Main St. after smoke was observed in the house.


When firefighters arrived, they saw smoke coming from the eve of the house. Upon entering the home, they found that a breaker had tripped and there was smoke in the dining room, according to a fire department report.


They used a thermogenic camera to determine the origin of the smoke. Firefighters then removed some of the ceiling and found insulation that was burning and a broken electrical wire.


They removed the insulation from the house and hosed it down in the front yard. They then removed a larger part of the ceiling due to finding more burning insulation. Damage was estimated at $2,000.


Firefighters left the scene at 12:26 p.m.


Comments
All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus



Featured Businesses


Poll



Info Minute



Gas Prices

Durant Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com