An unattended pan of grease smoked up an apartment Monday, according to the Durant Fire Department.
Firefighters were dispatched at 2:29 p.m. to Willow Park Apartments, 1024 Willow St., after someone called about smoke coming from a duplex. When firefighters arrived two minutes later, they discovered that the tenant had fallen asleep and a pan of grease on the stove had overheated.
According to a fire department report, the tenant woke up, turned off the stove and took the pan outside. Firefighters used fans to clear the apartment of smoke. There was no damage.
Also Monday, firefighters were dispatched at 5:53 p.m. to 620 W. Pine St. to put out a grass fire.
The county remains under a burn ban.