Durant firefighters were dispatched just before noon Monday to a shed fire behind a home at 1724 W. Olive Street.
The wood and metal shed, located about 75 feet north of the home, was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived at 12:01 p.m. They quickly knocked down the fire, bringing it under control within minutes.
The fire also burned a 10x20 foot area of grass behind the shed.
Firefighters left the scene at 12:44, and according to a department report, the shed was a total loss. An electrical problem was the cause of the fire. Firefighters returned to the scene again at 7:58 that evening after the fire rekindled, and they put out a couple of “hot spots.”
Firefighters responded to three fires on Saturday. They were dispatched at 10:57 p.m. to Billy Cole’s residence at 1912 E. Mason St. after a pot was left on a stove caught fire. Firefighters ventilated the home of smoke. Firefighters were dispatched at 10:49 p.m. to East Main Street and Lee Avenue after a citizen complained about someone burning trees and tires. Firefighters put out the fire.
Firefighters also hosed down a grass fire at 7:13 p.m. in the 900 block of Hillcrest Avenue. The fire was started by a trash fire and it scorched about five acres, according to the fire department.