Durant firefighters responded to a car fire and two grass fires on Wednesday.
Firefighters were dispatched at 1:35 p.m. to Walmart after someone called about a car being on fire. When firefighters arrived, there was smoke coming from the vehicle and a fire in the engine compartment.
The car owner was paged to unlock the vehicle so firefighters could raise the hood. According to a fire department report, the fire was caused by a short in the wiring around the starter. The fire was contained to that area.
The owner told firefighters a starter was recently installed on the vehicle.
Durant firefighters were dispatched at 4:56 p.m. to a grass fire at Glenbrook housing addition east of Calera. They put out the fire and left the scene at 5:27 p.m.
Firefighters responded to another grass fire at 5:19 p.m. in the 300 block of Fisher Station Road. According to the fire department, the landowner was burning trash and the grass caught fire, burning about two acres until extinguished by firefighters.