Forgotten dreams in Cade
Impressive crowd celebrates homecoming at Southeastern
A visit to the Jones Cemetery
Durant High School students protest
Parents worried about moisture at DHS
- Trick or Treat on Third Avenue - 11:18 pm
- Authorities respond to wrecks in county and city - 11:37 am
- Achille teacher receives OGE grant - 11:37 am
- Wrestling held at Boys & Girls Club - 12:14 am updated: 5:30 am.
- Education sales tax, crime reforms top initiative questions - 6:47 pm
- Tree trunk protective materials - 12:25 pm
- Hundreds run in Colton’s - 2:21 am updated: 2:30 am.
- Author to speak at library luncheon - 1:44 am
- Colton’s Main Street run to be held this morning. - 1:43 am
- Local bankers graduate from OBA Consumer Lending School - 1:42 am
- Choctaw Nation construction continues - 3:02 am
- Trial for woman charged with fraud delayed - 9:27 am
- Locals under 30 to receive awards - 9:27 am
- Wrestlers appear at Boys and Girls Club - 9:26 am
- Bryan County FSA Acreage Reporting Dates for 2017 - 9:20 am
- Kiamichi Durant FCCLA officers receive leadership training - 9:19 am
- Big Five Community Services to help with the health insurance marketplace - 9:53 am
- Southeastern to host Texoma College Fair - 9:52 am
- Man charged for fatal crash - 10:19 pm
- ‘Time of Hope and Healing’ event set for today - 10:19 pm
- Caddo holds heritage day and parade - 6:33 pm
- New grant to boost Choctaw language classes - 6:33 pm
- Candlelight vigil held at hospital - 11:47 pm updated: 12:14 am.
- Workshop for small business owners to be held - 10:32 pm
- SE to host open house - 10:32 pm
- Testing hay can save supplement dollars - 10:32 pm
- Calera Council holds regular meeting - 10:31 pm
- Annual Colton’s Run to be held - 10:30 pm
- Congressman Mullin visits Durant - 4:16 pm
- Texas man killed in crash - 11:22 am
- DISD board member resigns - 10:32 am
- Residents of 5 states risk penalties over 9/11 Real ID law - 9:28 am
- City Awards presented. - 2:05 am updated: 2:23 am.
- Mayor proclaims Small Business Saturday - 10:01 pm updated: 2:20 am.
- Fort Washita to be sold - 9:26 am
- Hunt for City Manager is over! - 1:07 am updated: 10:16 am.
- Ted Dosh, a man of the people - 11:30 pm updated: 12:41 am.
- Council to announce City Manager - 12:33 am
- Choctaw College Connect now signing up students - 11:48 pm
- A home rests in ruins - 11:45 pm
- Voter registration deadline is October 14 - 11:44 pm
- Four Southeastern students participate in Science Symposium - 3:11 pm
- Coach Switzer talks about life - 12:09 am updated: 4:20 am.
- Library’s annual book sale continues - 12:01 am updated: 4:22 am.
- Police issue statement on prank - 11:57 pm updated: 4:17 am.
- Boys and Girls Club gets new kitchen - 11:24 pm updated: 12:08 am.
- Choctaw Nation prioritizes suicide prevention - 9:31 pm
- Northwest Heights receives grant from the Dollar General Literacy Foundation - 10:49 am
- Election forum held at library - 12:15 am updated: 4:19 am.
- Hotel owners file suit against city - 1:36 am
Local bankers graduate from OBA Consumer Lending School
OKLAHOMA CITY — Dayton Booth, from Shamrock bank, N.A., in Durant, and Jessie Ingram, from First United Bank & Trust Company in Bokchito, re...
Choctaw Nation construction continues
The new Choctaw Nation headquarters is rising on the prairie, $219 million and less than two years on the build, the construction projects are coming ...
Trial for woman charged with fraud delayed
A woman accused of committing fraud against a veteran’s organization is scheduled for a trial by judge had her trial delayed.Sixty-four-year-old...
Locals under 30 to receive awards
OKLAHOMA CITY – The 2016 NextGen Under 30 Oklahoma Awards will honor 296 individuals, including four local people thirty years or younger who ha...
Wrestlers appear at Boys and Girls Club
Kids love wrestlers they see on television.The spectacle of the fight keeps everyone’s attention as wrestlers throw each other around the ring.C...
Bryan County FSA Acreage Reporting Dates for 2017
Bryan County USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) Executive Director Kevin Dale announced that producers who file accurate and timely reports for all crops ...
Diamond fuels solid Shawnee arsenal
Most Durant football fans will tell you October 15 was just another Friday night a year ago. That’s not the case for some Shawnee faithful.Many ...
Wild weekend showcases offenses on gridiron
Maybe the stars lined up right and maybe it was a hint of autumn in the air but offensive football hit full throttle in these parts over the weekend.N...
Southeastern holds off Arkansas Tech, 36-31
Time of possession and third down efficiency doesn’t always tell the story in football games. Those were very key statistics however as Southeas...
Vazquez, Lady Lions qualify for 5A state meet
TULSA – Durant senior Jose Vazquez recorded a personal best time to reach state for the third time in his career while the Lady Lion squad took ...
Oklahoma Prep Football Poll
Here is The Associated Press’ Oklahoma high school football poll with first place votes in parentheses, records, points and ranking in last week...
Diabetes Empowerment Education Program coming to Durant
Oklahoma Healthy Aging Initiative (OHAI) Southeast Center of Healthy Aging will be providing the Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (DEEP) for any...
Our Saviours Lutheran observes 9/11
Our Saviours Lutheran is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. This year the ELCA encouraged all of its congregations to participate...
Book Talk to be held
A novel by acclaimed author Harper Lee, “Go Set a Watchman,” is Book Talk’s choice for its October 13 meeting at 7:00 p.m. at Donald...
Diabetes educational program to be offered
The Bryan County OSU Extension will be conducting L.E.A.D. “Live Well, Eat Well, Be Active with Diabetes”, program geared for people with ...
Jellies, jams & preserves canning class scheduled
If you would like to learn how to can or just want to refresh your canning skills, the Bryan County OSU Extension would like to invite you to attend t...
Travel & Tourism Summit to be held in Durant
The Oklahoma Travel Industry Association will host the final Lt. Governor’s Travel & Tourism Summit on Monday, October 17 at The District at...
Bubble soccer was a great success
Durant, Oklahoma, is the best when it comes to supporting our community. The Saturday night event, Bubble Soccer sponsored by CASA was a great success...
What will happen with Pointe Vista land bought back?
It’s been three full months since Governor Fallin announced this great opportunity for a new hotel development at Lake Texoma State Park. She an...
Become an Ombudsman Volunteer
Would you like to enrich the lives of residents living in nursing homes and assisted livings, and have two spare hours a week to volunteer? If you sai...
Lawsuit ends in loss of Lake Texoma State Park land
The state and Pointe Vista’s joint PR campaign served them well for almost ten years. Every public relations event or news release was designed ...
Greatness abides among us
I was greatly honored to attend the evening of recitations sponsored by the Center for Rhetoric and Professional Development of Southeastern Oklahoma ...