Christian wins primary for sheriff
Benefit set Saturday for Durant child
Texas bank to merge with First United
St. John’s Episcopal celebrates 120 years
Oldest Walmart customer turns 107
- View Story - 1:15 am
- View Story - 1:15 am
- All 5 of Oklahoma’s GOP US House members win re-election - 11:48 pm
- One killed, one injured in high-speed crash - 11:47 pm
- Christian wins primary for sheriff - 9:44 pm updated: 12:20 am.
- Dr. Bryon Clark named vice president for academic affairs - 10:23 am
- Voters head to the polls today - 11:07 pm
- Will any of Oklahoma’s House GOP members be ousted Tuesday? - 11:06 pm
- Calera chief of police issues warning to motorists - 10:00 pm
- Polls open Tuesday - 9:59 pm
- City says water is not contaminated - 9:59 pm
- View Story - 5:54 pm
- City says water is not contaminated - 2:19 pm updated: 4:53 pm.
- Durant water being tested for impurities - 4:19 am updated: 4:28 am.
- Manslaughter charge filed in child’s death - 10:34 pm
- SUV knocked on its side during crash - 10:34 pm
- Durant city water being tested - 8:52 pm updated: 4:38 am.
- Durant Main Street holds annual banquet - 11:19 pm
- Authorities release name of man killed - 11:18 pm
- Inhofe, Coburn split on 2nd District endorsements - 11:18 pm
- Early voting begins Thursday - 11:17 pm
- Benefit set Saturday for Durant child - 11:15 pm updated: 11:24 pm.
- Man killed on 69/75 Tuesday - 11:25 pm updated: 4:17 am.
- Former senate leader sentenced on bribery charge - 10:05 pm
- Choctaw Nation Regional Medical Clinic construction well under way - 10:05 pm
- Texas bank to merge with First United - 10:04 pm
- Storm shelter dedicated at Colbert - 3:13 am updated: 3:34 am.
- Date set for Bryan County farm and ranch Tour - 10:47 pm
- Cull replacement heifers early - 10:46 pm
- Wednesday is deadline to request absentee ballots - 7:41 pm
- Election board offers voting tips - 7:40 pm
- Walmart presents veterans with check - 1:45 am
- Fallin orders Highway Patrol to suspend use of card readers - 11:51 pm
- Critics of ‘right to farm’ proposal make public case - 11:50 pm
- St. John’s Episcopal celebrates 120 years - 11:49 pm
- Oldest Walmart customer turns 107 - 11:49 pm
- Ex-city employee files lawsuit against city and bank - 10:39 am
- Farmer’s Market held at Durant - 3:18 am
- Chickasaw students attend SE camp - 9:49 pm
- Two charged with rape - 9:01 am
- Oklahoma City body camera talks to continue after ruling - 9:00 am
- Voters can see sample ballots online or at Bryan County Election Board - 9:00 am
- Geek Squad teaches technology at special camp - 1:26 am
- USDA assistance available for tornado damage in eastern Bryan County - 11:26 am
- FSA county committee nominations being accepted - 11:26 am
- Council votes to advertise City Manager vacancy - 12:05 am
- Properties sold on courthouse steps - 11:50 pm
- Harry Potter Day held at DIS - 9:20 pm
- Cherokee Nation gets $1M grant to target vulnerable children - 11:19 pm
- Bokchito holds homecoming parade - 11:19 pm
Polls open Tuesday
Polls will be open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Tuesday for the Bryan County Primary Elections.Early voting was held Thursday and Friday and continues fro...
City says water is not contaminated
Tests conducted on a water sample brought to city hall revealed it was not contaminated, according to City of Durant officials.After processing the or...
The Choctaw POSSE Summer School Program site at Calera would like to thank the Durant Central Fire Department and staff for allowing them to visit the...
City says water is not contaminated
The City of Durant has been working diligently on investigating the alleged sample of contaminated tap water brought into City Hall yesterday. After p...
Manslaughter charge filed in child’s death
A Mead man is accused of manslaughter in the death of a child killed last year by an all terrain vehicle.Thirty-four-year-old Steven E. Matlock is cha...
Durant Lions win tournament championship
CALERA – Stringing together victories was a tough assignment for the Durant Lions during the spring high school season. If their performance in ...
Lions roll into Calera Tourney title game
CALERA – The Durant Lions batted around in the first inning scoring six runs to cruise past Silo, 11-3, in the Calera Summer Baseball Classic wi...
Chief Batton to Throw First Pitch at Rangers Game Sunday
ARLINGTON, TEXAS – The first pitcher on the mound Sunday in Globe Life Park in Arlington will be Chief Gary Batton.In the Texas Rangers’ h...
Texoma football All-State memories
Texoma has produced its fair share of All-State football players over the years.I recently ran across Greg Williams name in a series of articles the D...
SE Bull Rider takes 5th in College National Finals
CASPER, Wyo. – Wyatt Rogers capped his 2016 College National Finals run with a fifth place finish overall in the bull riding event as the rodeo ...
Local Kiamichi TC BPA students win big
Students and advisors of Business Professionals of America at Kiamichi Technology Center-Durant participated in the National Leadership Conference of ...
Spooner and Dixon wed
Lindsay Rebecca Spooner and Cole Garrison Dixon became united as one on Saturday, June 18, 2016, at the landmark Thorncrown Chapel in Eureka Springs, ...
Seeing through my father’s eyes
I recently found an old photograph of my late father, Bob Swearengin.He is shown walking on Buffalo Street in downtown Caddo in the early or mid1970s ...
Celebrate healthy dads with our ‘top 10’ list
In addition to the celebration of Father’s Day, June has always been a month for dads and men in general – think barbeques, Bermuda shorts...
The Children’s Theatre Workshop and the Young Actor’s Studio to make their debut”
The Oklahoma Shakespearean Festival is ecstatic to present the Children’s Theatre Workshop, “Beauty and the Beast,” and the Young Ac...
Eggletons celebrate 50th anniversary
Kay and Gordon Eggleton celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary today.They were married on June 11, 1966 at Washington, Iowa. They moved to Durant in...
A Senate Review by Senator Josh Brecheen
Last week, Oklahoma became the 29th state to call for a Convention of the States to propose a constitutional amendment to balance the federal budget w...
Republicans are to blame for financial mess
The Republicans are scamming voters in Oklahoma again. They cut taxes, supposedly to help everyone but actually to line the pockets of the wealthy. Th...
Reader says Republicans, not oil and gas decline caused budge woes
As huge budget cuts are destroying public schools and colleges and kicking thousands of people out of life-giving medical care, Republicans in the Okl...
Safe room in the works for Colbert
The town of Colbert is well in to a project that will benefit all it’s citizens, none other than a bi-level safe room located behind City Hall a...
Imagine Durant director responds to Senator Brecheen
A response to Sen. Josh Brecheen’s article “The Most Efficient Use of Funds.”My name is Kara Hendrickson and I am currently the Dire...
The most efficient use of funds
When the state is facing a $1.3 billion shortfall, every dollar under the state purview must be vetted to ensure it’s meeting true needs. WeR...