Impressive crowd celebrates homecoming at Southeastern
A visit to the Jones Cemetery
Durant High School students protest
Parents worried about moisture at DHS
Fireman do ‘Fill the Boot’
- School says high school air quality good - 12:31 am
- Durant High School Homecoming Parade held - 4:03 am updated: 4:05 am.
- Democratic Minority Leader Inman visits - 11:54 pm
- Part of Highway 70E to close Wednesday - 9:56 am
- Impressive crowd celebrates homecoming at Southeastern - 12:41 am
- Southeastern holds homecoming - 12:41 am
- Decorating Main Street for SOSU Homecoming parade today, Saturday at 10am - 1:17 am
- A visit to the Jones Cemetery - 12:27 am
- SE Homecoming continues today - 12:17 am updated: 12:28 am.
- Jury finds woman guilty of placing tattoos on children - 12:31 am
- Durant Homecoming candidates announced - 12:31 am
- Police officer charged in man’s death - 12:31 am
- Calera Police Department to participate in speed enforcement campaign - 12:31 am
- Two vehicles crash at Highway 70 and Silo Road - 12:30 am
- Durant High School students protest - 12:51 pm updated: 9:47 pm.
- Museum to be open later Thursday - 8:32 am
- SE Homecoming features full schedule of activities - 10:58 pm
- St. William Mexican Fiesta held - 10:58 pm
- Firefighters fight structure fires - 8:24 am
- Treasurer back at work - 8:24 am
- Boys & Girls Club host 5K - 8:24 am
- True Blue BBQ Cook-off winner announced - 8:23 am
- Dolphins practice football - 12:27 am
- VFW honors MIAs - 12:26 am updated: 11:37 am.
- Police seek help in identifying suspect who pulled knife - 8:32 am
- Fallin appoints Ford to the Regional University System of Oklahoma Board of Regents - 8:24 am
- Please vote! - 1:32 am updated: 2:19 am.
- Council discusses many items - 1:31 am updated: 2:11 am.
- Duran Duran at Choctaw’s Grand Theater - 1:31 am
- Man sentenced for embezzlment from Choctaw Casino Resort - 11:30 pm
- Man charged with child sexual abuse arrested - 11:30 pm
- Parents worried about moisture at DHS - 10:41 pm
- Pilots rally over airport - 12:55 am updated: 12:36 pm.
- Man charged with child sexual abuse - 12:14 am
- Fireman do ‘Fill the Boot’ - 10:28 pm
- AT&T gives $5,000 to Bryan County United Way - 10:28 pm
- Wreck at Highway 48 and 22 intersection - 10:27 pm
- Bryan County Fair held - 10:27 pm
- Highway 22 bridge still closed - 10:46 am
- EPA shutters 32 wells in new earthquake-prone area - 10:46 am
- Eagle Suspension receives a Governor’s award. - 3:21 am
- Correction - 8:55 pm
- Rodeo Queen receives scholarship - 8:59 am
- Woodmen dedicate flag for 9/11 - 12:38 am updated: 6:20 pm.
- County fair continues today - 6:24 am
- City Council to meet Tuesday - 10:09 pm
- Hall named deputy superintendent of Kiamichi Technology Centers - 12:39 am
- Fair rides are ready for fun! - 11:53 pm
- Three former faculty members to be honored at homecoming - 11:53 pm
- Duran Duran to play Grand Theater - 9:20 pm
Jury finds woman guilty of placing tattoos on children
A Mead woman accused of forcibly applying tattoos on two children was convicted during a jury trial this week.Jurors spent about 45 minutes deliberati...
Durant Homecoming candidates announced
The Durant High School football Homecoming is next Friday, Sept. 30.The game is against Glenpool’s Warriors with the Durant Lions working for a ...
Police officer charged in man’s death
TULSA (AP) — Prosecutors charged a white Oklahoma police officer with first-degree manslaughter Thursday, less than a week after she killed an u...
Calera Police Department to participate in speed enforcement campaign
Motorists enjoying the first signs of Fall are advised to maintain the speed limit as they travel this weekend. Between September 23-25, the Calera Po...
Two vehicles crash at Highway 70 and Silo Road
An known for many wrecks has claimed two more cars.Silo Road and State Highway 70 west is a hard intersection to enter from Silo Road. Both drivers of...
Durant High School students protest
More than 100 Durant High School students walked out of class just before 9 a.m. Wednesday to protest what they say is a mold problem at the school.St...
Lady Lions romp through district finales
TULSA – Durant closed out softball district play on Monday afternoon in convincing fashion once again, romping past Tulsa Edison in a make-up do...
Southeastern runs past Southern Naz on Homecoming
Adapting on the fly is a key part of almost any football game. That was never truer than Saturday afternoon when Southeastern had to make several adju...
Friday Prep Football Scores
Alex 44, Destiny Christian 42, OTAltus 27, Del City 6Antlers 49, Valliant 12Ardmore 68, El Reno 14Arkoma 20, Canadian 16Berryhill 69, Locust Grove 14B...
Freshman pitches Calera past Rock Creek for district title
BOKCHITO – Calera coach Rick Teafatiller had a gut feeling heading into Friday’s district championship showdown with Rock Creek. And that ...
Miscues haunt Lions in district opening loss
COWETA – Missed red zone opportunities and a pair of gift-wrapped touchdowns spelled doom for the Durant Lions Friday night as they dropped a 35...
Bennington takes Class B district crown with 15-2 win over Caney
BENNINGTON – The Bennington Bears flexed their offensive muscle Friday afternoon, claiming the Class B district title with a 15-2 win over Caney...
A drive to Clarita to see the simple life
I took photos Saturday afternoon of St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Sherman, Texas, and after posting them on Facebook, one of my friends lamented...
Theatre at Southeastern’s Assortment of Shows creates fun for all
Theatre at Southeastern is pleased to announce its 2016-2017 season. The season kicks off in late-September with the Greek tragedy “Medea”...
Book Talk to be held
Book Talk opens its new season of book discussions with a comic fantasy novel, “Equal Rites,” on September 8 at 7:00 p.m. at Donald W. Rey...
Fall armyworms in lawns and fall forage crops
The fall armyworm has been observed in several Bryan County residential lawns over the past few days. In addition, fall armyworm infestations can be f...
Fair’s ‘Best of Wheat’ Bread Baking Contest to be held
To promote the art of baking bread, the Oklahoma Wheat Commission will be sponsoring a special fair category for homemade breads, the “Best of W...
What will happen with Pointe Vista land bought back?
It’s been three full months since Governor Fallin announced this great opportunity for a new hotel development at Lake Texoma State Park. She an...
Four words that sound alike
Democracy.Hypocrisy.Complacency.Catastrophe.Kakistocracy.Funny how much alike those four words sound. The meanings, however, are a bit different.Yeah,...
Become an Ombudsman Volunteer
Would you like to enrich the lives of residents living in nursing homes and assisted livings, and have two spare hours a week to volunteer? If you sai...
Lawsuit ends in loss of Lake Texoma State Park land
The state and Pointe Vista’s joint PR campaign served them well for almost ten years. Every public relations event or news release was designed ...
Greatness abides among us
I was greatly honored to attend the evening of recitations sponsored by the Center for Rhetoric and Professional Development of Southeastern Oklahoma ...