Howell retires from Democrat
Tractors driven to school
Highways closed after fatal crash
Fire scorches storeroom
Views from the Bryan County Courthouse
- Kid’s petition draws national attention. - 11:13 pm
- Hazell State Teacher nominee - 11:13 pm updated: 1:41 am.
- Howell retires from Democrat - 10:43 pm updated: 2:11 am.
- Several injured in crash on Silo Road - 10:25 pm
- Cleanup continues at crash site - 12:18 am
- Tractors driven to school - 12:16 am
- Silo wreck with injuries - 6:42 pm
- Fire vs. police bubble soccer - 11:34 pm
- Highways closed after fatal crash - 11:20 pm
- Man flown to Texas hospital after crash - 11:11 pm
- Calera School bond passes - 12:19 am
- Fire scorches storeroom - 12:18 am
- Council tables CMC proposal - 12:18 am
- Southeastern promotes wellness through ‘Commit To Get Fit’ challenge - 2:04 pm
- Calera residents to vote on school bond - 8:37 pm updated: 11:04 pm.
- Views from the Bryan County Courthouse - 8:15 pm updated: 11:05 pm.
- Pam Tillis and John Anderson perform - 8:12 pm updated: 11:04 pm.
- Pam Tillis at Choctaw’s Grand Theater - 12:28 am
- Southeastern to celebrate Homecoming - 9:09 pm
- County fair to be held - 9:09 pm
- Two injured in motorcycle wrecks - 9:09 pm
- Choctaw Hoop House grows fresh vegetables - 9:08 pm updated: 9:12 pm.
- Calera voters to decide bond issue - 9:08 pm updated: 3:25 pm.
- AllianceHealth Medical Group launches same-day appointments - 10:51 am
- Southeastern’s Educational Opportunity Center grant renewed - 11:28 pm
- First Day of school is fun! - 11:28 pm
- Council holds special meeting - 11:56 pm
- School starts today! - 11:06 pm
- Signs placed for pedestrians on Main Street - 10:38 pm
- CRAMM holds meeting - 12:26 am
- Presidential hopefuls sue for access to Oklahoma ballot - 12:00 am
- Back to school readiness - 11:51 pm
- Absentee voter deadline for Calera Schools is Wednesday - 5:31 pm
- Manhunt after shooting Monday morning - 10:39 am
- AAUP candidates’ forum to be held at Southeastern - 10:38 am
- Colbert Council holds meeting - 10:38 am
- Man charged with eluding and assault - 10:38 am
- Highway construction discussed at Calera Council meeting - 10:09 am
- 18-wheel trailer rolls over - 1:29 am
- Veterans’ wall unveiled - 1:27 am
- Non-jury trial set for woman charged with fraud against veterans’ organization - 11:20 pm
- Durant has new firefighting vehicle - 11:05 pm
- Trooper Nicholas Dees Memorial Highway unveiled - 9:48 pm
- Tribes, Oklahoma reach deal on water rights dispute - 2:04 pm
- Southeastern Electric Cooperative is introducing new solar facility - 8:48 am
- Faculty Symposium in progress at Southeasternas start of semester nears - 8:47 am
- Durant cleanup continues - 1:46 am
- Durant Public Schools receives grant - 11:33 pm
- DIA reports ‘best year ever’ - 10:48 pm
- Old jail will become art studio - 11:48 pm updated: 11:58 pm.
Man flown to Texas hospital after crash
Durant firefighters are shown at the scene of a single-vehicle crash on Southeast Third Avenue Wednesday afternoon. Authorities and witnesses at the s...
Calera School bond passes
Calera voters approved a bond election to fund the construction for a new high school during a special election held Tuesday.Superintendent Gerald Par...
Fire scorches storeroom
A storeroom of a building at 124 S. Eighth Ave. caught fire Monday evening, according to the Durant Fire Department.Firefighters responded at approxim...
Council tables CMC proposal
The Durant city council met Tuesday night with three items for business. After the meeting, councilmen adjourned to executive session to continue the ...
Southeastern promotes wellness through ‘Commit To Get Fit’ challenge
Students, faculty and staff are taking a proactive approach to wellness at Southeastern Oklahoma State University.Collectively, since the implementati...
Calera residents to vote on school bond
Calera voters will be heading to the polls today to vote on a bond election to build a new high school.To clarify the story from Saturday’s Dura...
Caddo Bruins primed for final scrimmage
Defensive coordinator Shane Millermon works with Bruin defenders during practice Wednesday as they prepare for their final scrimmage of the year tonig...
Hampton fires no-hitter as Durant blanks Noble, 10-0
SHAWNEE - Durant ran its winning streak to five rolling over Noble, 10-0, in the first day of the Shawnee fast pitch softball tournament Thursday nigh...
Durant, Caddo gridders on road tonight
Final football season tune-ups for most Oklahoma high schools take place Friday night, although a handful will start their season with “zero wee...
Wingshooters Urged to Prepare as Dove Season Approaches
With pigskins in the air as fall practice continues at both Durant High and SOSU, the start of dove hunting season can’t be far away.In fact, th...
SE golf picked 4th in preseason poll
Southeastern men’s golf will follow up its NCAA National Championships run picked to finish fourth in the Great American Preseason poll released...
New classes added to the Bryan County Free Fair
It’s not too late to be thinking about what you could enter in the upcoming 2016 Bryan County Free Fair scheduled for Wednesday, September 7th t...
Spend time to discover your roots
In the uncertain world in which we live, I find it to be therapeutic to take a good look over my shoulder at the people and events which helped to bui...
Kiamichi Technology Centers receive Gold Star Award
Kiamichi Technology Centers (KTC) received the Gold Star Award at the 49th Annual Oklahoma Career and Technology Education Summer Conference held this...
Catching a glimpse of the future in the past
I left Laramie, Wyoming, last month with plans to drive to Amarillo, Texas, to spend the night before coming home. Traveling on I-25 through Colorado,...
‘Start It – Grow It – Own It!’
Leaders help themselves and others to do the right things. They set direction, build an inspiring vision, and create something new. Leadership is abou...
Lawsuit ends in loss of Lake Texoma State Park land
The state and Pointe Vista’s joint PR campaign served them well for almost ten years. Every public relations event or news release was designed ...
Greatness abides among us
I was greatly honored to attend the evening of recitations sponsored by the Center for Rhetoric and Professional Development of Southeastern Oklahoma ...
A Senate Review by Senator Josh Brecheen
Last week, Oklahoma became the 29th state to call for a Convention of the States to propose a constitutional amendment to balance the federal budget w...
Republicans are to blame for financial mess
The Republicans are scamming voters in Oklahoma again. They cut taxes, supposedly to help everyone but actually to line the pockets of the wealthy. Th...
Reader says Republicans, not oil and gas decline caused budge woes
As huge budget cuts are destroying public schools and colleges and kicking thousands of people out of life-giving medical care, Republicans in the Okl...
Safe room in the works for Colbert
The town of Colbert is well in to a project that will benefit all it’s citizens, none other than a bi-level safe room located behind City Hall a...